An opportunity for a talented part 1 / part 2 architectural assistant to expand our Nottingham office and bring enthusiasm to a growing team of architects and designers.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits (negotiable on application)
Leonard Design Architects are a design-led architectural practice with offices in London, Nottingham, Kuala Lumpur and a presence in Sydney. The practice’s work varies in typology and scale from the masterplanning of city centres to the design of one off boutique retail units, and strategic front-end consultancy through to on-site delivery.
We are a progressive employer who take pride our sense of team and culture. An open leave policy, internal mentoring, biannual career planning sessions, external training, internal knowledge sharing presentations, Vitality health insurance, a shower for cyclists/ runners and table football are just some of the initiatives and facilities available to our staff.
We are strengthening our architectural team with the recruitment of a part 1 / part 2 architectural assistant who can join our growing team in Nottingham. A candidate should be self-motivated and passionate about design and place-making. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Developing architectural concepts for projects (feasibilities, competitions, design reports).
- Working within a team of 4/5 architects and designers for large projects
- Creating architectural layouts and place-making
- Realise client and team leader aspirations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work within and support multi-disciplinary design teams.
- A willingness to be flexible and engage with the wide range of client and stakeholder types.
- A strong knowledge of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite packages and Autocad.
- A passion for design excellence, future thinking and working on global projects
- Someone who is looking to grow within a company and become a member of a close knit team;
- Someone who is interested in both the vision and the detail of a project
- Strong sketching ability is always welcomed
- InDesign/ Photoshop/ creative suite
- Windows OS
Ideal complimentary software:
- 3DS Max
Candidates should submit their CVs and a PDF portfolio sample to email@example.com or DM our director John Morgan on Twitter @Morgan_JohnM