An opportunity for a talented architect to expand our Kuala Lumpur design office and bring enthusiasm to a growing team of designers.
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Leonard Design are an international, multi-faceted, design consultancy with offices in London, Nottingham, Kuala Lumpur and a presence in Sydney. The practice’s international work varies in typology and scale from the master planning of city centres to the design of one off boutique retail units and strategic front-end consultancy through to on-site delivery. We now want to expand the design skills of our Kuala Lumpur design team through the addition of an architect.
We are a progressive employer who takes pride in our sense of team and culture. Internal mentoring, biannual career planning sessions, external training and internal knowledge-sharing presentations, are just some of the initiatives and support available to our staff.
Attributes of the candidate should include self-motivation, passion for retail, leisure/entertainment, residential and place-making. Work will, initially, be on all the early stages of international projects. The role will include but not be limited to:
• Developing concepts for projects (feasibilities, competitions, design reports).
• Working within a team of 3/4 for large projects
• Detailing approved concepts
• Liaising and over-seeing junior designers’ work and injecting architectural expertise into the team.
• Must be a Malaysian national, Part 3 Architect registered with LAM.
• 3-5 years’ experience in the architecture industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivation and the ability to work within and support multi-disciplinary design teams.
• A willingness to be flexible and engage with a wide range of client and stakeholder types.
• A strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite packages
• Highly competent in using Revit with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
• A passion for retail and working on global projects
• Someone who is looking to grow within a company and become a member of a close-knit team.
• Delivering professional projects and documentation through Revit
• An understanding of conceptual storyboarding
• An understanding of Retail layouts/ design principles
• Interests in both the vision and the detail of a project
• Strong sketching ability is always welcomed
• Revit (2 years minimum)
• InDesign/ Photoshop/ creative suite.
• Windows OS
Ideal complimentary software:
• 3DS Max
Candidates should submit their CVs and a PDF portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org