Every year instead of everyone racking their brains trying to come up with a quirky Secret Santa gift, Leonard Design run a charity event. We found we could make a bigger and better impact on someone’s Christmas who really needs it most.
Tara’s Angels is an organisation set up in memory of Tara Newbold, a mother of three who sadly lost her life in 2016, after being a victim of domestic violence. Tara’s family and friends decided to raise awareness and support vulnerable women and children across Nottinghamshire. These families flee their homes sometimes at such short notice that themselves and their children leave with little more than the clothes they are wearing. They are put up in refuges and safe house amongst the county and are supported by the charity to try and start afresh to rebuild their lives for themselves and their children.
Our Christmas Plan
- We will be running the appeal for 12 days in celebration of the 12 days of Christmas. There will be 12 Christmas boxes located in the Nottingham Office and 6 boxes located in the London office.
- Half of these boxes will be ‘starter packs’ for families moving into a new home. In many cases, mums and their children have nothing to move into a new safe house with, so our starter packs can be gifted to these families and would contain many essential items which you would need to move into a house. Some ideas would be, tin openers, bed sheets, towels, cooking utensils, cutlery, torches, cleaning supplies etc.
- The other boxes will be for Christmas gifts for the children and the women who have fled. The charity is asking for toys of all ages but have specifically said this year for warm items because the refuges can be cold. So, think dressing gowns, slippers, warm socks etc, as well as any toys. For mum’s they are asking for toiletries and smellies, chocolates, diaries/calendars.
- The appeal will run from Monday 14th November to Thursday 1st December.
- Just simply drop your item into one of the relevant boxes in either Nottingham or London Office between the dates specified. Please note all gifts need to be new and unwrapped.
- For people working remotely and for those unable to get into one of the offices to drop gifts off, then please feel free to order items off Amazon and send it to a local Amazon locker in Cotgrave or West Bridgford.
Amazon Hub Locker – Goblin at Jet petrol station, Main Road Cotgrave
Amazon hub counter – Post office Bridgford Road West Bridgford
- You can donate as much or as little as you like. We appreciate that financially people may be more strapped this year than most so please feel no pressure to donate if you can’t afford to.
All of the families we hope to support through this initiative would have had a tumultuous last couple of months so we would LOVE to help in any way we can and donate some presents to make their Christmas. For many of the children it may be the only gift they get so let’s dip deep if we can and make it an epic celebration for them.
This charity drive is open to anyone in or outside of the company. Therefore, if you would be interested in contributing, please get in touch or pop into one of our offices.